Genetic study Geographic origin, ancestry, and death circumstances at the Cornaux/Les Sauges Iron Age bridge, Switzerland

I'm aware of the "New Archaeology" dogma of cultural diffusion and "pots not people". I had discussion on the issue with my professor back then and I remember very well how they argued that "Bell Beakers are just a cultural phenomenon" and all that crap, even when we knew they were spreading not just a fully developed package in a short period of time, but even a specific physical anthropoligical type or variation.

So if you are aware, it is better. I don't think one can dismiss it as crap, that would be too simplistic and too easy. Of course, it is not a given that any idea proposed by "New Archaeology" is always valid. And it is, even I have been told several times by archaeologists that the Bell Beaker today is not even considered a facies or an archaeological culture anymore... Unfortunately, I don't have time today, and we will resume our discussion when possible. Thank you, anyway it is always interesting to talk about it.

This thread has been viewed 1177 times.

Back