Catacomb Culture as source of Greek, Albanian, Armenian

I can only reiterate what was claimed by people who are actually proficient in the Albanian language which I am not nor do I wish to be. The Albanians do not descend from a seafaring people and their maritime, nautical and agricultural vocabulary is almost entirely Graeco-Roman. Add to this the heavy Slavic influence on the agricultural vocabulary. Even their word for fish is Latin-derived ("peshk"). You don't have to live on the sea to encounter a fish. Long story short: the Albanians were a seminomadic people of shepherds, dwelling in the mountains of the Balkan hinterlands, which is also what saved them from total romanisation. Considering the incredible amount of Latin loanwords in Albanian, they were on their way of becoming another branch of "Vlachs." If you want a list of the entire Albanian maritime terminology, I suggest you make your own, as I have a hunch that you're a native speaker.

I am a native Greek speaker and I am not pro-Albanian at all on most issues. The truth is you don't know anything on the subject. The only thing you can do is parrot things other people have said so I will ignore you from now on.

I am a native Greek speaker and I am not pro-Albanian at all on most issues. The truth is you don't know anything on the subject. The only thing you can do is parrot things other people have said so I will ignore you from now on.

Of course I'm going to "parrot" what other people have said or published because I do not study the Albanian language for a living. Why don't you point us to your scientific papers and books on the topic. Obviously you don't "parrot" other people's findings and theories.

This thread has been viewed 3493 times.

Back