Users requesting to be banned

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I thought I would open a thread to list for a members who asked me to be banned. I never understand such requests, as if they don't want to participate in a longer they can just leave. The purpose of this thread is to explain that these members were not banned because they misbehaved or because I had anything against them but because they asked me to.

So far:
  • Beki
  • Francesco

I thought I would open a thread to list for a members who asked me to be banned. I never understand such requests, as if they don't want to participate in a longer they can just leave. The purpose of this thread is to explain that these members were not banned because they misbehaved or because I had anything against them but because they asked me to.

So far:
  • Beki
  • Francesco
Francesco asked to be banned? Did he ever say why? I always liked his contributions and that's a real shame.

Yes, he asked to be banned. I tried to dissuade him and explain that he could not create a new account later as new registrations are not allowed anymore, but he insisted. I don't know why. If he didn't want to participate anymore he could just have left without requesting to be banned.

Yes, he asked to be banned. I tried to dissuade him and explain that he could not create a new account later as new registrations are not allowed anymore, but he insisted. I don't know why. If he didn't want to participate anymore he could just have left without requesting to be banned.
Perhaps he was having some issues in his personal life and simply wanted some help in spending less time on the anthrofora sphere more broadly. Just a guess, but whatever the case I wish the best to him.

Francesco asked to be banned? Did he ever say why? I always liked his contributions and that's a real shame.
I agree. It's a pity when people with historical and archaeological understanding leave the forum. Data alone does not tell the whole story in genetic analysis; the data should be interpreted using anthropological or archaeological
knowledge in realistic or meaningful ways.

I agree. It's a pity when people with historical and archaeological understanding leave the forum. Data alone does not tell the whole story in genetic analysis; the data should be interpreted using anthropological or archaeological
knowledge in realistic or meaningful ways.
Absolutely. That's precisely the reason I like Eupedia much more than other anthro sites. The discussion is usually always much more grounded on the prexisting history or archaeological data of given population sites rather than much more outlandish fantasies. The quality of members here is much higher so it's a shame to see types like Francesco go.

This thread has been viewed 607 times.

Back